By using SharedStatus.com, a Service of SharedStatus LLC, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (Terms of Service).
SharedStatus LLC reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. New features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new applications, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continuing to use the Service after any changes are made shall constitute your consent to these changes. You can review the current version of the Terms of Service at any time by visiting http://sharedstatus.com/terms-of-service
Any violation of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While SharedStatus LLC prohibits such conduct and Content on the Service, you understand and agree that SharedStatus LLC cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You must provide accurate information when creating an Account, including full legal name, actual email address and any other data requested.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs in your account.
- You are responsible for all Content posted by any additional users attached to your account.
- Your username and password are yours alone and should not be shared with anyone. Additional users can be added to your account in order to share the information in your account.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. SharedStatus LLC will not be liable for any loss or damage if you fail to comply with this security requirement.
- A person, business or legal entity may not have more than one free account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Any use of the application programming interface (API) is bound by the terms of this agreement plus the following specific terms:
- Abuse or excessively frequent requests via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of access to the API. SharedStatus LLC determines abuse or excessive usage of the API at its sole discretion.
- SharedStatus LLC reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to the API (or any part thereof) with or without notice. SharedStatus LLC especially reserves the right to limit the number of requests via the API to a certain upper limit per time interval.
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
- All Basic and Pro accounts require a valid credit card. Free accounts do not require a credit card to be on file.
- Your account charges are exclusive of all taxes, duties, or levies imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, duties, or levies, excluding only U.S. (federal or state) taxes.
- You can upgrade your account to have additional capacities (users, storage space, etc) beyond the top level Pro account for an additional fee. Your credit card will automatically be charged on your next billing cycle for the increased service level.
- If you downgrade a Basic or Pro account to a Free account you may experience loss of content, includingbut not limited toattached files, chat transcripts and content associated with any other paid feature or capacity not included in a Free account. SharedStatus LLC does not accept any liability for such loss.
- You may be prohibited from downgrading from a paid to a Free account if the number of users associated with your account is higher than the number of users supported by a Free account. In this case you will be required to remove users from the account in order to fit within a Free account before the downgrade can take place.
Cancellation and Termination
- You alone are responsible for canceling your account. You can cancel your account by visiting Settings / Account and clicking the Cancel Your Account link. Once confirmed your account, and any associated credit card billing, will cease and your account will be deleted. All content from your account will be deleted from the Service and may not be recoverable. You will also have the option of downgrading your account (as opposed to full cancellation); any credit card billing will be removed when an account is downgraded from any paid level to a Free account; review the downgrading terms in the previous section for content retention issues.
- Emails and phone requests are not considered cancellation .
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
- SharedStatus LLC, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any SharedStatus LLC service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. SharedStatus LLC reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- SharedStatus LLC reserves the right from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from SharedStatus LLC. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Service itself and/or by email communication to account owners.
- SharedStatus LLC shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- Any and all content posted on the Service must comply with U.S. copyright law. Please see our Copyright Compliance Policy for details.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Materials and information you upload remain yours. If you use public settings for your information (available on some of our Services), you are implicitly making that information public.
- SharedStatus LLC and its designees have the rightbut not the obligationin their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service. SharedStatus LLC does not pre-screen Content.
- The service is provided on an as is and as available basis. Your use of this service is at your sole risk.
- You acknowledge that SharedStatus LLC uses external vendors and hosting partners to provide the hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- Technical support is only available to paying account holders. Support is handled through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are prohibited from modifying or adapting the Serviceor another websiteto falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or any other SharedStatus LLC application.
- You agree not to sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without express written permission by SharedStatus LLC.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content that we determine in our sole discretion are threatening, libelous, unlawful, offensive, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or otherwise objectionable or violates any partys intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- You understand that the transmission and technical processing of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to the technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- SharedStatus LLC has no tolerance for spam messages. You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or spam messages using the Service.
- If your bandwidth usage significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by SharedStatus LLC) of other Service customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- SharedStatus LLC makes no warranty that (a) the service will meet your specific needs, (b) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (c) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (d) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (e) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You understand and agree that SharedStatus LLC shall not be liable for any direct, incidental, indirect, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losseseven if SharedStatus LLC has been advised of the possibility of such damagesresulting from: (a) the use or the inability to use the Service; (b) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Service; (c) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (d) statements or conduct of any third party on the Service; (e) or any other matter relating to the Service.
- The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and SharedStatus LLC and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and SharedStatus LLC (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service). The failure of SharedStatus LLC to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions regarding the Terms of Service.